Sustainability for Armada means designing products with high quality materials that are responsibility sourced and ethically manufactured. They are a proud bluesign systems partner and Fair Labor Association member. They require all of their material suppliers to adhere to a strict materials compliance policy. This policy enforces absolute transparency within their supply chain and dictates that they will only use materials with a limited chemical impact in coherence with the Bluesign Restricted Substances List and that are ethically sourced.
Armada is also a member of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition which uses the Higg Index to measure environmental and social impacts within their supply chain. Where possible, they try to utilize recycled or sustainably sourced fabrics and materials.
Here are some specific examples within their line:
- All of their insulation is made from 90% recycled material or greater
- All of their cotton is 100% organic
- They use either C6 DWR (PFOA & PFOS Free) or 100% PFC Free DWR
- They use recycled fabrics where possible (EX. All of their 2-layer Gore-Tex fabric is 100% recycled)
- They source trims and fabrics that are Bluesign and/or Oeko-Tex certified.
At Armada they believe that a truly sustainable product is one that doesn't end up in landfill. Key to this concept is making high quality, durable products. They choose to work with key partners whom they believe will help their garments stand the test of time like GORE-TEX, cohaesive, YKK, Cordura and Thermolite. Their outerwear is always 100% seam sealed and will never have a waterproof and breathability rating less than 10K/10K.